Funding & Collaboration Partnerships
Collab Exchange Trustee Program
The typical Kiva borrower not only needs capital but also benefits from being connected to a network of available local resources and opportunities. The Collab Exchange is invested in economic development in our communities. We provide wrap-around services to small business owners in our community and use relationships to source entrepreneurs that we believe would benefit from Kiva’s capital. The Collab Exchange will publicly vouch for borrowers on Kiva.org through “endorsements” and have access to a comprehensive dashboard while receiving the technical guidance needed to open, grow and scale businesses.
Benefits of working with a Kiva Trustee Partner
- Track your impact over time: Track and share the data on your loans to clearly communicate your impact to funders, community partners, and local citizens.
- Increase the exposure of your organization: Your Trustee profile publicly showcases your current impact to Kiva’s more than 2 million lenders around the world. Your public endorsement acts as your seal of approval for a business owner, connecting your organization to their success!
- Build local networks Trustees can create lending teams to rally more support for their endorsed borrowers. Our Trustees also receive a monthly newsletter and the opportunity to join quarterly webinars to connect with Trustees all over the US.
- Be a true community investor: By helping entrepreneurs gain access to funding to start or grow a business, you have the chance to make an integral impact in your community. By becoming a Certified Trustee, you have the chance to participate in our “social underwriting.”
- In addition to the above, Certified Trustees are those that have a track record of endorsing applicants while maintaining their portfolio at a 90% repayment rate. Upgrading to a Certified Trustee means you’re able to leverage your endorsement as business proof, receive expedited review, and increase your endorsed borrower’s qualification amount by $1,000.